Thursday 21 June 2018

I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU A MESSAGE WE RECEIVED



I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU A MESSAGE WE RECEIVED ON OUR GOOGLE PAGE.
https://scamhatersutd.blogspot.com/
IT IS SUCH GOOD ADVICE FROM SOMEONE ON CHAT GROUPS THAT HAS EXPERIENCE OF SCAMMERS
~~
''Hi again, 

In addition to the above mail, I got another from US soldier in Nigeria  Eric Hansen,(the first one being "Steve Ford" btw). I immediately asked for a live camera pic (couldnt send), email from his military account (wouldn't send). They are savvy & aware, as he came with good arguments as to why he *wasnt* a scammer, before I even indicated that I thought he might be... until I told him I had friends where he said he came from in the US and began asking him specific questions. 

I had arguments ready (thanks for the tips btw) about providing proof via military email or live pic/ video etc. About deployed soldiers able to have contact etc. (it sounded at least like I knew what I was talking about  ) His english and arguments became worse, the more he tried to argue his innocence, though his were surprisingly better than the last. Thanks to you and your stories it is easier to sort through it all now.

In any case, in messenger apps like KIK, these people join a chat room, whereafter they then gain access to send private messages (PM) to the chat forum members. Shortly after, they will leave the chat forum, after having contacted the women/men in it. I checked if this was happening with other women (Eric had been rather busy it seems), warning them of my experiences and had the admins check up on things so in future they will be blocked.

But they will just get new profiles and try again. This is happening at least 5 times each day, if not more, for most of us there (don't think you are 'special'). 

So for those on chat forums I want you to be aware of this, especially if you are a chat forum member where the rules are that one asks permission in the chat room before sending a PM.

Just ignore and delete them if they dont follow this rule. If the people are worth anything, they will be respectful enough to ask permission to send a PM right? Who wants someone who can't or won't do anything as simple as that?

It is enticing to hope that the next one might be different but they very likely aren't. It took me 3 such PM chats to realise this. Don't even let it take that many.


No comments:

Post a Comment